Studying in the UK/Europe

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Studying in the UK – Financial Support Studying in UK/EU

Find out what types of financial help you can get to cover your tuition fees and living costs while you study.

Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI)“Under the operational guidelines for the Department of Education & Science (IRL) student grant scheme, eligible candidates may receive funding provided they are attending an approved course at an approved institution as defined in the scheme. Students who are attending undergraduate courses in an EU Member State, can apply for a maintenance grant in respect of an approved course which is being pursued in an approved institution. The student grant scheme does not extend to postgraduate courses pursued outside of Ireland. For further information visit the following website: 

For information on Education and learning options in the U.K. visit the following useful links:

Studying in the UK ( copied from website: ) 

Have you thought about studying outside Ireland? There are around 170 universities in the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) with over two million higher education students. The course options are truly vast. Every year, students from the Republic of Ireland choose to study in the UK. They do so for a variety of different reasons – their preferred course may not be available in Ireland or maybe particular courses in the UK are relatively easier to get into than similar courses in Ireland. Sometimes students go abroad to study because they simply want to experience new places and cultures. Remember that schemes such as the maintenance grant and the Fund for Students with Disabilities can ‘follow’ eligible Irish students to approved courses/colleges in the European Union.

If you are interested in exploring this further, the links we have provided below will be of assistance:

  • UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) is responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK. UCAS provides advice on the higher education application process and also carries out research and consultancy work for educational institutions.
  • The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The British Council offers advice and information on studying in the UK:
  • European University Central Application Support Service:
  • is an information and news publishing website about the United Kingdom higher education and latest news that concern international students in the UK, as well as a publisher of a large number of helpful informational content and exclusive research about international students in the UK: