As part of your career exploration it may be helpful to look at occupational profiles to gain a better understanding of what’s involved in a specific occupation and answer questions such as:
- What would work be like in this occupation?
- What qualifications do I need to work in certain occupations?
- Will there be jobs in this occupation in the future?
- http://www.careersportal.ie/ (Ireland’s National Career Guidance resource): Over 1000 occupations across all career sectors are profiled; information is provided on typical tasks and activities undertaken in the position, skills required, salary information, various entry routes and the educational qualifications and pathways are outlined. Users can search directly for jobs in these occupations. Video profiles are also provided wherever possible.
- http://www.gradireland.com/ (The official graduate careers website in Ireland): In-depth advice on key graduate career sectors, including specific application and interview tips, training and development information, and personal insights from graduate recruits, plus employers and jobs to search.
- https://www.jobalert.ie/(jobs website): offers a comprehensive list of careers to explore. For each occupation you’ll find a brief description of the roles and responsibilities of the career being examined. Additionally, they have provided the latest job market, education and salary information data to further guide your selection of a profession.