Why do I want to volunteer?
Volunteering has a lot to offer people from all types of backgrounds and walks of life. People volunteer for many different reasons. Some of the reasons people choose to volunteer include a desire to:
- Do something they really enjoy • Make use of special interests and talents • Learn new skills and develop new interests • Find out more about a job or type of work which they are considering as a career • Gain valuable training and experience which may lead to paid employment.
If you decide that you would like to get involved in volunteering but you are not sure exactly what you would like to do, then think about WHY you want to volunteer. This can be a useful way of helping you to focus on the sort of volunteering you want to undertake.
To volunteer in County Wexford contact the Volunteering Information Service Wexford (VIS) by phone at 087 1795130 or visit the website www.volunteerwexford.ie
Visit www.volunteer.ie or www.activelink.ie/ce www.boardmatchireland.ie. Support services in Co. Wexford who may be looking for volunteers https://www.wwaegs.ie/supports/personal-supports/ . In addition to this list volunteers also needed for:
Wexford Tidy Towns – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone number 086 3558878
Volunteering while Unemployed
- You are allowed to volunteer while receiving a social welfare payment
- Most important condition is that you are available for & genuinely seeking employment
- Activities must be voluntary
- Inform Department of Social Protection that you are volunteering
- VWI form sent to the voluntary organisation for them to fill out, available on www.welfare.ie