YOUTHWORK- Health & Welfare- QQI Level 5 – WCFEPrint
This course will be of interest and benefit to those who have an interest in the care, future well-being and support of young people. The course is a springboard to
higher education courses in Community Education, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Social Studies and Counselling, and Addiction Studies.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
●Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied or equivalent.
●Successful completion of Interview.
●Applications from mature students will be considered.
●Applicants will be required to undertake Garda Vetting.
Work experience placement in a related vocational area is an integral part of this course. Students must obtain one day per week work experience for the academic year. These will also be one week of block placement in the first and second terms.
CERTIFICATION: QQI Level 5 – Health and Welfare (5M4732)
●Understanding Youth Work
●Working with Young People
●Young People and Society
●Human Growth and
●Substance Use Issues for Youthwork
●Community Child Protection
Application Fee: An application fee of €20 will apply. Apply online HERE.
• There are no tuition fees payable to the College by EU Nationals. However, students should budget for the cost of examinations, textbooks and materials. Non-EU Nationals who do not meet the exemption requirements are liable for the full tuition fee of €3,653 as per instructions of the Department of Education and Skills.
• Department of Education and Skills Contribution Fee is €200 payable on registration.
• College registration fee of €220, payable on registration. This consists of a a non-refundable Fee of €50, and a fee of €170 which is non-refundable once a student commences a course.
• Additional course fees may apply – see relevant course descriptor page.
• Some exemptions are available on above costs – see website: www.wcfe.ie.
QQI Examination Fee of €50 is payable on registration.
- Address Waterford College of Further Education, Parnell Street, Waterford.
- Phone (051) 874053
- Category Social Care, Soc. Science
- Location Waterford City
- By Antonia Splini
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org