Course: The Stockmarket
Level: All Levels
Description: The Stock Market Is it all just a gamble? This course is aimed at people who have an interest in the stock market. It is designed to give confidence in the understanding of the function and benefits of the stock exchange. The course will have a practical focus and will feature an ongoing stock exchange game.
Course Content: Course Outline
What is the stock market? How does it operate? Why is it becoming more important?
- Historic development of international equity markets.
- Explanation of terms -market corrections, bulls and bears, stags, insider dealing, gilts, bonds, big bang, market makers, limit orders etc.
Information and Regulation
- Investment opportunities, Illustration of equity returns and alternatives .
- Sources of information- newspapers, handbooks, Financial Times, Investors Chronicle, The Internet, Business magazines. . Regulation- Central Bank & Irish Stock Exchange Act 1995
- Short and long term
- Income, capital growth.
- Savings, pensions and retirement.
- Building a strategy that suits you
- Examining annual reports,
- Extracting vital information.
- Methods of valuing companies- p/e,s, eps, dividend yield .
- Financial ratio.
- Examining companies of interest
Share Price movements
- What causes price movement? – Market trends, risk, economic cycles, results,
- company statements, stock recommendations
- Examples of profit warnings, take-overs, mergers.
- Initial Public Offerings, rights issue, market placings, stock splits
Other Investments & Tax
- Government bonds, Options & Futures, Tracker Bonds
- How to invest in these investment instruments.
- Economic perspective- Inflation.
- Interest rates, Political stability.
- Capital Gains Tax -personal allowances, Bed and Breakfast transactions. Indexation
Tutor: Redmayne Bentley Stockbrokers 74 South Mall Cork
Fee: €100 Payable to Redmayne Bentley only Contact 021-4279053
Duration: 10 weeks
Location: Colaiste Chathail Naofa, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
Start Date: 6th February 2018
Class Time: 7.00-9.00pm
Contact: Coláiste Chathail Naofa,
Youghal Road, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 058 41184
- Category Accounting & Finance
- Location Co. Waterford
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: email@example.com