Teaching and Learning in Further and Higher EducationPrint
The Master of Arts/Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning in Further and Higher Education is a part time course completed over 1-5 years in Waterford Institute Technology.
The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma/Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning in Further and Higher Education is to provide a coherent educational course for those in teaching roles, in further and higher education. The course will enable you to develop and improve your professional expertise and to reflect on your practice and gain a theoretical and critical perspective on the educational field in which you are engaged.
The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma is to enable you to acquire the theoretical and practical skills necessary to become effective teachers and/or facilitators of student learning.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Examine the underlying principles of teaching and learning;
- Establish perspectives on key issues relating to your own work in teaching and/or supporting students;
- Broaden your knowledge of international further and higher education systems and the challenges they face;
- Identify student-centred methodologies and appropriate learning styles in relation to learning and retention issues;
- Widen your repertoire of teaching methods and enhance your teaching skills;
- Consider the role of ICT and new technologies in your subject area;
- Evaluate the role of different assessment methods in further and higher education
- Develop your professional competence in specific subject areas;
- Share your experiences of learning and teaching with fellow students;
- Reflect critically on the educational process as it influences your students;
- Develop your knowledge and expertise in the use of appropriate research methods in further and higher education;
- Conduct an extended investigation into a relevant aspect of theory or practice.
The MALT is a flexible modular 90-credit programme. For the Postgraduate Diploma in FE and HE, you are required to complete 60 credits i.e., 6 x mandatory 10-credit modules. For the Masters qualification, you are required to complete the Postgraduate Diploma in FE and HE and complete an additional 30 credits i.e., 3 x 10-credit modules. A range of elective modules are offered each year, from which you select modules to suit your own development needs or towards completion of the Masters programme.
Delivery This programme is delivered in full-time or part-time mode on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.
Qualification Postgraduate Diploma in Arts / MA in Teaching & Learning in Further & Higher Education (60/90 credits, Level 9) Cost €700 per 10 credit module, €1,400 per 20 credit module
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 1-5 years
- Start date September
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org