Start Your Own Business-VTOSPrint
This is a 2 year full-time course designed to give participants the skills to develop and run their own business.
This course is run under the VTOS scheme (for more details see below)
- Basic accounts, financial management and cash flow management
- Computerised and manual accounts
- Basic Business Plan development
- Market analysis, including customer and competitor research, product and service definition, routes to market, seasonal factors
- Market planning, including marketing materials, promotional tools, budgeting
- Consumer Behaviour, Customer Service
- Digital Marketing and E-Business
- Social Media Marketing
- Sales skills and techniques, meeting and telephone skills
- Time management, project management and process management
- Tailored accounts training to suit your particular business
- Full Business Plan development and implementation
- Comprehensive market planning
- Web Presence development and publication
- Advanced sales skills and techniques
- Assistance with grant application for your business
- Skills which are specific to your business: e.g. Graphics, Computer Aided Design, etc.
- Tailored elements, which match your individual requirements
The following QQI Level 5 Modules are included.
|QQI Code||Title||QQI Code||Title|
|5N0783||Database Methods||5N1400||Marketing Practice|
|5N0972||Customer Service||5N1418||Start Your Own Business|
|5N1351||Behavioural Studies||5N1433||Work Practice|
|5N1354||Book-keeping: Manual & Computerised||5N1610||Business Administration Skills|
|5N1356||Work Experience||5N1619||Retail Selling|
|5N1358||Word Processing||5N1910||Web Authoring|
|5N1364||Digital Marketing||5N1951||Entrepreneurial Skills|
|5N1369||eBusiness Studies||5N1977||Spreadsheet Methods|
|5N2062||Principals & Practices of Selling|
Duration: 2 years, requiring attendance 2 days per week. While attending this course, you will continue to receive your social welfare entitlements, regardless of any profit you may make from your business.
Eligibility: You must satisfy VTOS criteria to qualify for entry onto this course.
Enrollment Details: Courses commence in September. Places are limited, apply early to avoid disappointment.
For further information please contact:
Frank McQuillan, VTOS Co-ordinator, Business Training Centre, Union Road, Kilmacthomas. Co. Waterford
Telephone: 051-294680; Mobile: 0863858974; Email: email@example.com
- Course Length 2 Years
- Start date September each year
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org