Diploma in Restaurant Management- WIT Springboard

Print
Translate test

Restaurant Management

The Diploma in Restaurant Management ( Springboard) has been developed to provide a relevant professional qualification for those who wish to embark on a career in Restaurant Management.

The course integrates restaurant management theory with practice and students are afforded the opportunity to complement college-based-learning with a structured placement under the guidance of an industry mentor.

Students graduating from this course will have developed a range of competencies enabling them to excel as a restaurant supervisor/assistant manager.

Delivery

Two twelve-week, college based semesters – 2 days per week. Work placement must also be completed (consisting of 400 hours in industry)

Qualification

Diploma in Restaurant Management (60 credits, Special Purpose Award, Level 7)

Fee

The course is 90% funded by the Government under Springboard. Students pay the remaining 10% which is €650

Closing Date for Applications

Friday August 17th  2018- Dates may change annually. Contact provider for future dates.

START DATE: 10 September 2018 – Please note that course start dates are indicative only and may be subject to change. Applicants are therefore advised to check all times and dates with the course provider.


Further Information

Nuala Gordon, Course Leader Tel. 051 302717 Email: ngordon@wit.ie

Click the following link for more information:-

http://www.wit.ie/courses/school/humanities/department_of_languages_tourism_hospitality/diploma_in_restaurant_management

Restaurant Management Entry Requirements

Applicants should have a leaving cert or equivalent. All applicants will be interviewed. Applicants must demonstrate a passion for the restaurant sector, excellent communication skills and the potential to be a team leader.

Applicants who do not currently meet the academic entry requirements may wish to consider using WIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mechanism. The Springboard RPL form is available at https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/Education_School_PDF/WIT_RP6_Springboard_RPL_Form.docx

Please complete the form electronically and submit by email along with all supporting documentation such as education and training certificates etc.

Applicants for whom english is not their first language will, in all cases, be required to submit certification that they meet WIT’s English Language Competency Requirements – please see www.wit.ie/about_wit/documents_and_policies/english_language_requirements

Course Outline

The Course will run 2 full days per week Monday and Tuesday. 9.15 – 5.15

Year 1
Semester 1
Fundamentals of Restaurant Management 1
Beverage Management
Restaurant Digital Marketing
Human Resource Management for Food and Beverage Enterprises

Semester 2
Fundamentals of Restaurant Management 2
Costing Leadership for Food and Beverage Enterprise
Oenology

Year 2
Semester 3
Work Placement

 

Contact

Contact
  • Address Waterford Institute Technology, Cork Rd, Waterford
  • Phone 051 302717
  • Emailngordon@wit.ie
  • Websitewww.wit.ie
  • Category Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management
  • Location Waterford City

Course Information

Course Information
  • Cost The course is 90% funded by the Government under Springboard. Students pay the remaining 10% which is €650
  • Course Length 6 months
  • Start date 10 September 2018 - Please note that course start dates are indicative only and may be subject to change. Applicants are therefore advised to check all times and dates with the course provider.

Location

Diploma in Restaurant Management- WIT Springboard
Get directions

 

Contact

Diploma in Restaurant Management- WIT Springboard
  • By Aisling Cusack
  • Email: aislingcusack@wwetb.ie

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message