Radio Broadcast Journalism and PresentingPrint
Certificate in Radio Broadcast Journalism and Presenting is a 12 week part time level 6, 10 credits course in Waterford Institute Technology.
This level 6 Certificate course is a practice-based introduction to radio broadcast journalism and presenting. It has been developed and will be delivered in a collaboration between WIT and WLR FM and Beat 102-103 and will be delivered by both practicising broadcasters and academic staff. The course aims to give students a broad introduction to the practical skills of journalistic writing and presentation for radio including news reading, editing and recording. The course will be delivered on Tuesday nights from 6.30 – 9.30 over 12 weeks from early March, and using the facilities at both the purpose-built Broadcast Centre in Ardkeen and the WIT Cork Road campus. The course fee is €500.
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Research and prepare scripts and running orders for radio broadcasts;
2. Record and edit audio material for radio broadcasts;
3. Present speech content in a live and recorded radio setting;
4. Apply legal and ethical guidelines relating to broadcast media;
5. Reflect on the role of the radio journalist and presenter within the Irish radio industry.
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost see above
- Course Length 12 weeks
- Start date see above
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org