Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychiatric Nursing 4 year full time course in Waterford Institute of Technology
What is Psychiatric Nursing?
Psychiatric/Mental Health nursing is a specialist field within the health care profession. It involves an interpersonal caring process which acknowledges the uniqueness of each person. The psychiatric nurse is concerned with the promotion of mental health, the prevention of mental illness and the provision of care to those with mental health problems.
Reasons to Choose this Course
- Nursing is an excellent choice for students interested in a healthcare career. Because human beings are complex, careers in nursing are amongst the most challenging; they are also some of the most rewarding.
- The Psychiatric Nursing Course is delivered in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art learning environment and students undertake clinical practice in hospitals around the south east region.
- You will be taught over four years through a model that we call KSVSE (Knowledge, Science, Values and Attitudes, Skills and Experience).
- Successfully completing all aspects of the course allows you to register as a Psychiatric Nurse with An Bord Altranais.
Clinical experience is an essential element of the course in order to register as a psychiatric nurse. There are over 80 weeks of clinical placement throughout the course including a 36 week continuous internship placement in year four. Students will be accommodated on clinical placements in Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Carlow and South Tipperary.
- Mature Applicants must apply using a different CAO code – WD817
- Mature Applicants for this and other nursing courses must apply by 1 February. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Please note that the course content is exactly the same for mature and non-mature students, it is only the CAO code that differs.
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 4 years
- Start date September 2015
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org