Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Quality MethodologiesPrint
The Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Quality Methodologies programme is aimed at students working in an industrial environment and will enable and facilitate career progression for graduates in the region.
The programme will provide students with advanced understanding of the theory, practices and implementation issue associated with advanced quality methodologies, such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing. Students will also be exposed to aspects of working in an environment which operates under strict guidelines for production and quality outputs. Validation of equipment and methods will also be emphasised throughout the course of the programme.
At the end of the course, students will have developed competence in a range of technical and quality management tools and have an appreciation of process optimisation and the importance of routine laboratory operations in achieving total customer satisfaction.
On successful completion of this module, a student will be able to:
- Evaluate how lean, six sigma and risk management principles can be used to guide lean implementation.
- Synthesise the key factors for effective motivation of staff applying lean tools and techniques.
- Justify critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making, project management and the management of change in an industrial environment.
- Critically evaluate the effect that routine laboratory operations have on the quality of the final product.
- Ascertain the principles and practices of analytical method and equipment validation and summarise a systematic approach to validation experimentation.
- Critically evaluate the importance and practices of validation activities, documentation and analytical method transfer, including automated and computer systems.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Quality Methodologies can be taken as a stand-alone module worth 10 credits at level 9, or if the student wishes, they can use these credits towards the Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Analytical Science with Quality Management (WD 519/520)
Wales Ireland Network for Scientific Skills (WINSS)
This programme was developed following a Scientific Skills Survey which was conducted by Wales Ireland Network for Scientific Skills (WINSS) to address the scientific skills gaps within industries based in Dublin, Meath, Kildare, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow, Carlow, South Tipperary, Cork and Kerry.
The survey was sent to more than 100 companies in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device and food sectors. More than 70% of the companies surveyed identified transferable skills as the major skills deficit with high demand for training in areas such as data management and creative problem solving skills as well as Quality Management. As a direct result, the part-time Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Quality Methodologies was developed, along with the overarching Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Analytical Science with Quality Management (WD 519/520).
For more information on the WINSS programme, please visit www.winss.org
- Cost €850
- Course Length 4 mts
- Start date September
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org