PATHWAYS TO EMPLOYMENT – QQI Accredited General Learning at Waterford Women’s CentrePrint
PATHWAYS TO EMPLOYMENT
The programme is designed to provide training opportunities to raise competency levels of unemployed people, facilitating their progression to or towards labour market participation.
The programme aims to provide learners with the skill, knowledge and competence to obtain entry level employment or progress to further education and training while developing their key transferable and vocational employment related skills, appropriate to their identified career path. Programme content includes use of ICT applications, as well as communication skills, work experience and application of mathematical skills and a range of elective modules such as retail, security, childcare, ICT and horticulture.
This programme leads to a QQI Level 4 Major Award in General Learning.
Applicants seeking entry to the programme must have achieved a minimum of a QQI level 3 Major award or its equivalent prior to entry to the programme. The programme will suit learners who have identified their career pathway and are seeking to further develop their key, employment related, transferable and vocational skills, knowledge and competence. All participants on the programme must have received clearance through the Garda Vetting procedures before any engagement with children as part of their programme of training. Previous Experience: Alternatively, applicants may have achieved the equivalent standard of Knowledge, skill and competence through relevant work experience
|Communications (Community)||Communications (4N0689)||QQI|
|Functional Mathematics (Community)||Functional Mathematics (4N2138)||QQI|
|Information Technology Skills (Community)||Information Technology Skills (4N1125)||QQI|
|Personal Effectiveness (Community)||Personal Effectiveness (4N1132)||QQI|
|Work Experience (Community)||Work Experience (4N1168)||QQI|
Learners will be able to:
1. Demonstrate personal skills that enable them to be effective in familiar and unfamiliar social and
2. Display an ability to interact positively in the managed learning environment and/or the learner’s
individual work experience situation.
3. Communicate verbally and nonverbally in routine everyday tasks, and in work-related tasks while
4. Display an ability to resolve a moderate range of mathematical problems in the managed learning
environment and/or individual’s work experience situation.
5. Use a moderate range of information technology skills to apply known solutions to a range of
predictable problems in the managed learning environment or individual work experience
6. Demonstrate a moderate range of skill, knowledge and competence related to vocational areas as
identified by the learner in their selected elective choices as necessary for their chosen career
- Address 74-76 manor street, Waterford, Ireland
- Phone Richard Grant at 051-301587
- Emailrichardgrant@wwetb.ie or email@example.com
- Category Education, General Education
- Location Waterford City
- Cost FREE FOR ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS, contact provider.
- Course Length 335
- Start date 19/02/2018
- Time Mornings
- By Antonia Splini
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org