Students are offered a practical and theoretical introduction to a career in Nursing. The programme gives students a realistic insight of what the world of nursing entails and enhances student’s opportunities in getting a place on a college course. Many colleges have reserved places on their courses for graduates of QQI Nursing Studies.
This is a one year full-time course leading to a QQI level 5 qualification.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Human Growth & Development
- Work Experience
- Mental Health Awareness
- Nursing Theory & Practice
- Care Skills
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Patient & Manual Handling
- Elder Abuse Awareness
- CPI (optional)
- QQI Level 5 Nursing Studies (5M4349)
- Certificate in Patient & Manual Handling
- Certificate in Occupational First Aid
- Certificate in Cardiac 1st Responder
Graduates of this course may pursue careers in the field of Nursing, as Care Assistants or in Health related areas.
BSc in Nursing – WIT
BSc in Nursing General/Mental Health – UCC (8 reserved QQI places)
- Course Length one year
- Start date September each year
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org