Management in EducationPrint
MA Management in Education is a part time course, 2-5 years in length, ran in Waterford Institute Technology.
This course provides an opportunity for participants to aquire the knowledge and skills in key areas of educational leadership. The course aims to provide participants with the necessary skills for effective educational leadership and management and to increase their self-confidence and self-efficacy. Participants will be presented with theoretical concepts and will engage in self-directed learning through project work. They will apply this learning to their own practice and in their own particular education environment.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in strategic planning, mentoring, public relations, education law, financial management and information technology;
- Demonstrate knowledge of educational leadership theory and related managerial functions;
- Articulate and analyse personal values in educational leadership and management
- Evaluate your practice in light of theoretical perspectives through critical reflection on your own practice and work environment;
- Display and further develop autonomous professional leadership and managerial initiative;
- Research complex educational managerial issues, make sound creative judgements on these and communicate your findings;
- Be eligible for progression to programmes leading to a higher qualification such as a Doctoral Degree (level 10).
The MAME is a flexible modular 90-credit programme. A range of elective modules are offered each year, from which you select modules to suit your own development needs or towards completion of the Masters programme.
Delivery This programme is delivered in part-time mode on Saturdays,10am to 5pm.
Qualification MA in Management in Education (90 credits, Level 9)
Cost €700 per 10 credit module, €1,400 per 20 credit module
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 2-5 years
- Start date September
- Email: email@example.com