Introduction to Painting- Evening- Part- time- WCFEPrint
This course is for anyone wishing to approach painting. It is suitable for people who want to experiment, explore, enjoy and develop painting skills. It is suitable for beginners and those with some painting experience.
The course will include demonstrations, guidance and application of acquired knowledge, skills and techniques. Each participant will be encouraged and supported in exploring their specific talents, creativity and individual areas of interest. Even though this will be a learning environment where participants gain a lot of new painting related knowledge, it will be delivered in a relaxed and friendly environment where people will be encouraged to work at their own pace and ability.
Examples of topic covered:
• Which paint will I use? – acrylic, oil, watercolour, gouache…(exploring paint types, understanding how different paints work, which paint to use for each purpose, how different types of paints look and feel).
• How will I apply my paint? – brushes, palette knives, sponges, paper, canvas,…(exploring painting surfaces, painting tools and paint application).
• What will my paint look like? – texture, washes, impasto….(how can I create shiny finishes, chunky paint).
• How do I make certain colours? – (colour mixing, tone, tints, making good colour choices).
• How do I use colour/how will colour affect my painting? – (colour symbolism, mood and colour, matching colour to what you see).
• Composition? – (how do I begin to make a ‘good’ painting, how do I create visual interest?)
Duration: February – May – Course may run annually.
Sessions: Wednesday evening 7 pm – 9 pm.
Course runs subject to demand. For future dates please see link HERE.
- Cost €150
- Course Length February to May
- Start date February
- Time Wednesday evening 7 pm – 9 pm.
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org