Hard Landscape and ConstructionPrint
Waterford Chamber Skillnet will be running a 100% funded QQI Level 4 Hard Landscape and
Construction programme over 20 consecutive Fridays at XXXX starting on XXXX.
Core Areas of Learning (not exhaustive) will involve establishing the infrastructure for further site
• Identify tools, materials and structural components used in the construction of hard landscape features
using soil, concrete, brick, blocks, stone and timber.
• Excavate a foundation to required depth and fall using pegs, straight edge and spirit level.
• Prepare foundation so that hardcore is consolidated and level and blinded with sand to desired fall.
• Mark out a suitable area to be treated with hard landscape.
• Construct a raised bed.
• Prepare dry mix and concrete by hand or machine to a given mix.
• Construct flat features in concrete by pouring, tamping, covering and curing.
• Lay an area with slabs or paving blocks to correct level and fall with dry mortar between the joints.
• Construct a small wall of blocks, bricks or stone under direction using a range of materials.
• Assemble one or more of the following as part of a team under supervision:
– Post and rail fence, – Pergola, – Trellis, – Area of Decking
• Operate within appropriate safety procedures to create and maintain a safe working environment including
safety standards regarding lifting, carrying and handling plants, tools and equipment.
• The programme will be split between the practical and portfolio work.
• The portfolio of work will comprise of 4 skills demonstrations (100%)
• Students will work as a team and will be required to reflect on the experience of working as a team
✓ This is a 100% funded jobseeker only programme and eligibility criteria applies. Full Eligibility criteria can
be found here at: http://www.skillnets.ie/eligibility-criteria-unemployed-people
✓ Individuals working less than 19.5 hours per week and are signing for days not working are eligible to
✓ TUS, CE and Job-bridge, Springboard, Momentum participants are not eligible for this programme.
✓ Prior permission may be required from your social welfare office in order to attend this programme so
please make contact as soon as possible to register your interest.
To register your interest on this programme please call; 051-311135
- Address Kelly Cummins, Waterford Chamber Skillnet
- Phone 051 311135/ 051 872639
- Category Agri/Hort., Agri/Hort./ Animals
- Location Co. Wexford
- Cost Free if eligible
- Course Length see above
- Start date May 2018
- Time Day time
- By Mary-Ruth Tobin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org