Higher Diploma Business (Supply Chain management)Print
Self-financing & Springboard part time course NFQ level 8 in Wexford Campus.
The course will produce graduates that will be equipped to use in practical application the range of theories and concepts that form the supply chain management body of knowledge. The programme is a conversion course for graduates of a non-business discipline and provides grounded development of the skills related to Supply Chain Management.
It will give an understanding of the development of supply chain management, its impact, organisation and control for both the individual and the organisation. It will also address the key issues of global supply chain, purchasing, strategic management and nurturing a company’s interactions with customers and clients. The programme will educate and train participants in specific skills in both the socio and technical domains of supply chain management and in transferable business skills.
Applicants require an NFQ Level 8 Award or equivalent, for entry to this programme. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on RPL. The RPL policy of the Institute allows applicants without a level 8 qualification in a recognised area to be afforded the opportunity of submitting a portfolio to support their application. This portfolio should detail applicant’s work and education experience. All applicants who submit a portfolio will be interviewed.
All springboard participants at IT Carlow must complete a structured transitions programme which provides key skills required for recruitment and the workplace, such as;
– career advice/counselling, one to one guidance focusing on what drives the individual, what interests the individual, what’s important to the individual. Identification of key competencies and suitable employment opportunities based on them.
– assistance on sourcing and securing employment: the job search process, CV and application preparation, use of social media e.g. Linkedin.
– managing self: work/life balance guidance, communication skills, change management, coping with stress.
– Targeted workshops where applicable e.g. guest lecturers, IT skills, effective writing skills.
- Cost 2500
- Course Length 1 academic year
- Start date Sept
- Time 2 nights per week from 7.00-10.00pm
- By Mary-Ruth Tobin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org