Bachelor of Science (Hons) in General Nursing 4 year full time course in Waterford Institute of Technology
What is General Nursing?
General nurses work as part of a multidisciplinary team in promoting and maintaining health of individuals, families and communities and in systematically caring for those who develop health problems and supporting them to live their lives to their maximum potential.
Reasons to Choose this Course
- Nursing is an excellent choice for students interested in a healthcare career. Because human beings are complex, careers in nursing are amongst the most challenging; they are also some of the most rewarding.
- Once graduated, your qualifications will take you anywhere in the world.
- The General Nursing Course is delivered in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art learning environment and students undertake clinical practice in many hospitals throughout the south east region.
- You will be taught over four years through a model that we call KSVSE (Knowledge, Science, Values and Attitudes, Skills and Experience).
- Successfully completing all aspects of the course allows you to register as a General Nurse with An Bord Altranais.
Clinical experience is an essential element of the course in order to register as a general nurse. There are over 80 weeks of clinical placement throughout the course including a 36 week continuous internship placement in year four. Students will be accommodated on clinical placements in Wexford, Carlow, Waterford, Kilkenny and South Tipperary.
- Mature Applicants must apply using a different CAO code – WD816
- Mature Applicants for this and other nursing courses must apply by 1 February. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Please note that the course content is exactly the same for mature and non-mature students, it is only the CAO code that differs
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 4 years
- Start date September 2015
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: email@example.com