Fundamentals of Care 1Print
Fundamental Care skills should be at the core of the work of all health care assistants working in both hospital, home and community settings.
The aim of this module is to introduce students to the knowledge and skills required for professional and patient safety and addressing fundamental patient care needs related to activities of daily living.
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate professional safety skills in a simulated care environment
- Demonstrate the principles of infection control
- Discuss the activities of daily living and patient care needs
- Demonstrate fundamental care skills in a simulated care environment
- Demonstrate professional communication skills
Leaving Certificate or equivalent. Students over 23 years of age may be exempted from this requirement if they can demonstrate that they are suitable candidates for the course of study. Please see more information on Entry Requirements in the Student Information Section.
Delivery: 12 weeks, Thursday 6-9pm
- Cost €350
- Course Length 12 weeks
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org