Electrical Engineering (New)Print
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (New) 2 year full time add on course in Waterford Institute of Technology
The B.Eng (Honours) in Electrical Engineering is a two year add-on level 8 degree . The primary aim of the program is to produce graduates of high calibre who possess a thorough knowledgeof scientific principles and engineering practice and an appreciation of the work and business environmentin which the professional engineer must work. WIT aims to create an open, stimulating environment forstudents and aims to provide access to an appropriate range of facilities and equipment.
The program core content has a strong emphasis on nurturing an ability to foster analytical thinking and reasoning. A 6-month industrial placement helps give the student a context for some of the materialalready learnt and will provide a stimulus in the final year of learning.
Five module groups forming a pathway (across the years) can be identified in the programme:
- Control Engineering modules form a group of modules across the programme to provide a specialist area. This group includes Analog Control , Digital control and Robotics and Vision. These modules are also heavily supported by the programming modules HLL programming and Software applications and Algorithms
- Electrical Systems : the area of Electrical power and distribution is covered in Electrical Power Systems , Electrical Power Systems project ,Renewable Energies, Project Specification and Project Implementation .
- Mathematics module group that run across the programme. Although mathematics in year 4 is not represented explicitly, it is prominent and applied in modules such as Electrical Signal and Systems and the control modules.
- Industrial Studies and Personal Development module group: Industrial Placement, Semiconductor Technology , Industrial Standards and Legislation, and Operations management
- Telecommunications/communications Module group: Telecommunications , Data Communications
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 2 years
- Start date September 2015
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org