Economics and FinancePrint
Master of Business Economics and Finance is a one year Full Time programme at Waterford Institute Technology.
The MBS Economics and Finance is a challenging one-year taught programme aimed at preparing graduates for a career in finance or in economics. The course was developed in response to demand from financial service companies for specialist graduates with advanced skills and knowledge in areas such as econometrics, financial derivatives, data analytics and advanced financial analysis and interpretation.
The course was developed in collaboration with companies in the financial services sector with the aim of producing high quality graduates with quantitative and analytical skills who would have a capability to work in specialist roles in economics and finance. The delivery of the programme incorporates lectures, workshops by leading financial experts, a dedicated seminar programme on topics relating to finance and economics and visits to financial services companies. Additional practice-based training is provided in key skills areas such as econometrics, derivatives, analytics and corporate financial interpretation. Students receive specialised training in quantitative financial methods, business simulation and monetary economics and use the full range of financial software that is available to students within the Business School including Thomson One Banker, StockTrak and Financial Times.
The programme will provide you with a challenging experience; help to expand your knowledge and skill-set whilst at the same time develop new mindsets and attitudes to prepare you for the demands of the business environment. The MBS programme provides students with the opportunity to enhance their specialist subject knowledge, experience innovative learning methods and explore opportunities arising from innovation,
entrepreneurship, and business development.
Equally, the programme allows for rational and reflective observation across the spectrum of subjects, scrutinising and appreciating the norms and inter-relationships in business. Furthermore, you will acquire competencies to undertake both standard and specialised research over the duration of the programme that will enhance your independent learning and organisation skills.
The course aims to equip graduates with modern tools for effective decision making and to provide them with the ability to evaluate their decisions in the context of complex institutional frameworks.
The specific objectives are:
- To equip students with an advanced level of knowledge of the theories, models and practice in their subject specialisation together with an understanding of how each integrates within the wider business environment.
- To foster a learning environment that stimulates the personal and professional development of students in an interdisciplinary format.
- To develop high levels of proficiency in research through the undertaking of a dissertation project in a chosen area.
- To focus on an exploration of the interrelationships across business functions using case studies with a view towards documenting best practice.
- To facilitate the transition from college to the world of work.
Who is the MBS Economics and Finance for?
If you have a degree in finance or economics or a general business degree with a finance and economics major/specialization and you would like to pursue a career in finance or in economics, then this programme has been designed with you in mind.
Click the following link for more information:-
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 1 year
- Start date September
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org