The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to utilize computer technology as a design tool and a presentation media.
- Analyse key features and characteristics of computer hardware and software in relation to computer-aided draughting
- Interpret key terminology, commands and icons associated with computer-aided draughting
- Discuss the contribution of technology as a design tool
- Utilise appropriate drawing commands
- to create a range of two dimensional geometrical constructions to include lines, poly-lines, splines. arcs and circles
- Utilise a range of editing commands to modify existing constructions
- Create, insert and edit a variety of blocks, layers and templates
- Employ appropriate techniques to customise a drawing in order to plot a page set-up and layouts
- Apply a range of labelling techniques to include hatching, text and dimensioning
- Modify the properties of a drawing to include application of line- type, line-weights, colours and scales
- Customise and restore default drawing tool settings
- Suggest health and safety initiatives aimed at reducing the risks associated with use of digital technology.
Duration: 20 weeks Oct – March – Course runs according to demand. Course may run twice annually. For future dates see provider details here.
Sessions: Wednesday evenings 6.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Costs: €400 Includes examination fee.