Certificate in Economics and Finance – WIT- Springboard- NFQ Level 9

Print
Translate test

The Certificate in Economics and Finance is taught over one academic year and is aimed at up-skilling candiates for a career in finance or economics.  It has been developed in response to demand from financial service companies for specialist graduates with advanced skills and knowledge in areas such as econometrics, financial derivatives, financial regulation, advanced financial analysis and interpretation,  This course will also enable existing employees to acquire key skills and competencies to help them advance their career and make a greater contribution in their workplace.  This course will address the needs of several key stakeholders both national and regional.  It will enhance the pool of talent for employers both nationally and regionally whilst affording employees a valuable opportunity to upskill/reorient their career.  It will serve as a platform for knowledge expansion and the acquisition of new skills and competencies thereby developing a new mind set amongst employees and attitude in preparation for the demands of the ever-changing business environment. It will also help candidates embark on their lifelong learning journey.  Upon completion candidates can progress to an advanced programme of study such as a Post Graduate Diploma/Masters in Economics and Finance.

Award:   NFQ Level 9 ( Minor award- ECTS Credits 30)

Delivery

September 2018 – to May 2019, evenings and occasional weekend delivered on in Kilkenny/Waterford. For future dates and additional info please see link HERE

MODULES
Econometrics, Corporate Financial Interpretation, Financial Derivatives, Monetary Economics, Seminar Series, Financial Risk and Regulation Management

Cost

The employed will pay €300 (10%) of the total course fee with the Government paying the remaining 90% of the course fee your behalf.  The course is fully funded for unemployed people and people returning to formal employment – Please see:  http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility 

Course Leader: Dr. Sheila O’Donohoe -BComm, MBS, PhD – Senior Lecturer in Finance  –  Tel: 051302422- Email: SODONOHOE@wit.ie

See link HERE for how to apply for a Springboard course.

Contact

Contact

Course Information

Course Information
  • Cost The employed will pay €300 (10%) of the total course fee with the Government paying the remaining 90% of the course fee your behalf.  The course is fully funded for unemployed people and people returning to formal employment -
  • Course Length 1 year- Part time- September 2018 - May 2019, evenings and occasional weekend delivered on in Kilkenny/Waterford.
  • Start date September annually.

Location

Certificate in Economics and Finance – WIT- Springboard- NFQ Level 9
Get directions

 

Contact

Certificate in Economics and Finance – WIT- Springboard- NFQ Level 9
  • By Antonia Splini
  • Email: antoniasplini@wwetb.ie

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message