Certificate in Data Protection and GDPR Practice – WIT Springboard- NFQ Level 6Print
The purpose of the course is to develop students knowledge and understanding of Data Protection legislation in Ireland and its operational implications for organisations. The course will specifically address compliance with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
The course will address the role of the Data Protection Officer; Data Controller and Data Processors within and across Organisations. It will address in detail organisational considerations brought about by the new regulatory landscape including:
– Data Discovery & Data Mapping
– Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
– Internal Processes & Work Flows
– Privacy by Design
– Relationships / Contracts with Data Processors
– Right to Access, Erasure, Right to be Forgotten
The course delivery and assessment will utilize extended, worked” Discover – Manage- Protect-Report” organisational case studies in order to allow participants to build practical skills in operational compliance with the new data protection.
For further details, eligibility , future dates and how to apply see HERE .
- Cost All level 6 programmes are fully funded under the Springboard + initiative
- Course Length Part time- Evening
- Start date 14/01/2019 - ENDS: 25/04/2019 -PLEASE CONTACT PROVIDER FOR FUTURE DATES.
- By Antonia Splini
- Email: email@example.com