Certificate in AgriculturePrint
This course, accredited by QQI, is the introductory course for young people who wish to make their career as farmers. The course is suitable for people seeking employment on farms. Graduates of the course are eligible to:
- Progress to an Advanced Certificate in Agriculture
- Transfer to Year 2 of the Higher Certificate in Agriculture or a BSc in Agriculture at an Institute of Technology
- Transfer to linked courses at Institutes of Technology through the Higher Education Links Scheme
Entry Requirements and Application Procedures
This course is offered on a full-time basis at colleges. Applicants for the full-time programme must have completed the senior cycle of a second level school or be 17 years old or over on 1 January following entry to the course.
The course may also be offered on a part-time basis to mature students at Agricultural Colleges and Teagasc Regional Education Centres. Applicants must be 23 years old or over on 1 January following entry to the course.
Closing Date: 27th May 2016
- Cost Teagasc Grant Scheme (Means tested)
- Course Length 1 year
- Start date September
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org