Business in Service Design and InnovationPrint
Higher Diploma in Business Design and Innovation is offered on both a full and part time basis in Waterford Institute Technology.
This is a one year professional programme that will provide an ideal vehicle for candidates from diverse backgrounds to become practicing service innovation developers. The course follows a user-centric service innovation approach where the student is provided with an end to end, design thinking perspective of service and business process innovation, along with practical tools and techniques that they can use in the workplace.
- Understand and apply the core concepts of Service Design Thinking to innovation projects.
- Understand the Service Innovation Process from ideation to a full delivery of a service concept.
- Develop, implement and analyse user innovation research for ideation, screening and go/no/go decision making during the service innovation process.
- Understand and use service developer tools such as personas, customer journey mapping, process mapping, service blueprinting, service business modelling and storytelling to realise the service innovation
- Develop and design the value proposition for the service concept
- Carry out low fidelity prototyping of a proposed innovation concept to evaluate, adapt and refine the idea.
The course is designed to place the student in a living service design lab where they work on real-life company problems, interact with company innovation and management teams and acquire service innovation know-how, skills and thinking through academic and applied workshops, lectures, seminars, mentoring and work placement. The course equips the students with latest service innovation tools such as design thinking, persona mapping, business process mapping, service blueprinting, business modelling, prototyping, and s-curve analysis in their assignments and live projects.
Interaction and engagement with industry is integral to the programme. Students learn from and engage with innovators from the services industries through seminars, field projects and the mentoring programme. The course is also linked to a service innovation centre, RIKON which is located in the School of Business, WIT, and through the research centre the students have access to their service innovation laboratory, technologies and tools.
The programme’s primary aim is to produce high calibre individuals, distinct in their abilities, understanding, skills and knowledge associated with service design and innovation. More specifically the objectives of the programme are:
- immerse students in service design thinking and its application in a wide range of business contexts.
- provide intensive training in the tools and techniques to design, deliver and evaluate service innovation projects.
- provide advanced competencies and skills training for the identification and implementation of innovation process and practices in an industry setting.
- provide critical insight into business process innovation across a range of service and industrial contexts.
- achieve a thorough understanding of business processes and their contribution to customer fulfilment.
- provide the knowledge of business innovation research methodologies that are required for effective decision making during the service innovation process.
- develop high-level group interaction skills and problem solving orientation in both the learning environment and the operational business environment.
- develop the required leadership, problem solving and communication skills needed for the implementation of a service innovation strategies.
- provide a mechanism for the professional development of employees in an organisational change context.
The course structure allows participants to pursue their desired goals, such as progression to an MBA or more specialised qualification, with opportunities in such fields as personnel, finance and marketing or general business management.
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 1yr f.t./18 mth p.t.
- Start date September
- Email: email@example.com