- To immerse students in operational excellence and lean philosophy and its application in a wide range of business contexts.
- To provide participants with the broad base of business skills and knowledge that can be used to advance their ability with respect to the application of operational excellence principles.
- To expose students to critical insight into operational excellence and Lean practice in production and service provision across a range of organisational and sectoral contexts.
- To inculcate creative thinking and innovative ability with a cross-functional and silo-free perspective.
- To extend the communication and leadership skills of individuals that combine to add value to organisations pursuing the adoption of operational excellence strategies.
- To provide the knowledge, tools, and techniques that will enable participants to design, deliver, and evaluate continuous improvement projects.
- To provide participants with the knowledge and skills that will underpin their professional development in an organisational change context.
- To equip students with an advanced level of knowledge of the theories, models, and practice in operational excellence management, together with an understanding of how this integrates within the wider business environment.
- To expose participants to critical perspectives with a view to broadening understanding of best practice in MNE and SME environments and to help students acquire an understanding of their career potential through the development of communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- To develop high levels of proficiency in project management through the application of project management skills in an operational excellence context.
The WIT School of Business Annual Lean Forum attracts in excess of 250 delegates from a multitude of organisations throughout the region and nationally to see presentations by industry and academic experts, participate in applied breakout and workshop sessions, and generally network with peers and colleagues about lean enterprise excellence and continuous improvement. This industry and academia forum is critical to enable the sharing and transfer of knowledge as it relates to contemporary theory and practice on lean enterprise excellence, and provides all parties with an invaluable networking opportunity.
Click the following link for more information:-