Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in International Business 4 year course in Waterford Institute of Technology
International business involves a wide variety of business activities: exporting products and services, dealing with foreign suppliers, operating a facility in a foreign country, foreign direct investment, and even managing multicultural workforces at home.
A critical element of international business is an ability to interact effectively with people from other cultures and societies. Today, it really can be said “All business is international business!”
What is the BA (Hons) in International Business course?
The BA (Hons) in International Business is a four year course that prepares students to live and work in an international and inter-cultural context. Graduates are equipped with a broad range of business skills and knowledge, and importantly, develop the abilities and sensitivities necessary to effectively work and manage in a multicultural world.
- Our student group is multicultural, making the classroom a living cultural experience for students.
- There is a relatively small class group, and this allows our students a very personal college experience.
- Though not compulsory, the course gives students the opportunity to study a range of languages: French, German, Italian and Spanish. Additionally, our students whose first language is not English may take English as a subject throughout the course.
- NEW – International students, or any student who has lived abroad for a substantial period, may be exempted from the requirement to complete an International Placement, and thus complete the Programme in three years.
In Year Three, students are generally required to complete a study or work placement abroad with a WIT Partner Institute. These are located across Europe, in the USA, Canada, India or even China. Generally, classes while abroad will be in English, irrespective of the country involved.
- Cost Click here for more information
- Course Length 4 years
- Start date September 2015
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: email@example.com