B.A. (Hns.) Culture & Heritage StudiesPrint
QQI level 8 in Wexford Campus (IT Carlow) over 4 years full time.
What is the Course about?
Culture and Heritage Studies creates an awareness, understanding and knowledge of Ireland’s built, natural and literary past. This programme is ideally suited for those presently employed or seeking employment in the tourism and heritage sectors.
This four-year honours degree programme brings Ireland’s cultural heritage to life for people with a passion for art and literature. Modules include: Irish history; Irish architectural history; cultural heritage studies; communications and customer service; IT and research skills; Irish literature and film studies; digital heritage. The applied cultural heritage module runs throughout the four years and enables students to interact with a wide variety of heritage groups and community based organisations in heritage resource management. A 12-week work placement is included as part of Year 3, providing students with valuable experience in a cultural heritage organisation.
• 12-week work placement in Year 3 with a culture or heritage organisation.
• Applied cultural heritage module throughout the four years enabling students to interact with heritage groups and community-based organisations.
• Exit awards: Higher Certificate in Culture and Heritage Studies (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2; or a Bachelor of Arts in Culture and Heritage Studies (NFQ Level 7) after Year 3.
For further information in relation to a career and working in the Tourism & Hospitality Area visit http://www.getalifeintourism.ie/
- Cost 3000
- Course Length 4 yrs
- Start date Sept to May(annually)
- Time Daytime
- By Mary-Ruth Tobin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org