QQI level 7 in Wexford Campus (IT Carlow) over 3 years full time.
What is the Course about? Art is a diverse range of activities usually involving imaginative or technical skill and includes the production of works of art, the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art. This three-year degree in Art is a dynamic programme unique to the Wexford Campus. Students are provided with the opportunity to gain creative skills, creative knowledge, aesthetic awareness and professional experiences in contemporary visual art. The first year is shared with the Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communication degree. The programme focuses on learning by doing with students actively working on creative projects in a studio context, as well as in IT labs and traditional lectures. This Bachelor of Arts Degree is highly student-centred and provides a forum for exchanging diverse ideas and opinions through group crit, field trips and a visiting artist programme.
• Programme features a wide variety of studio disciplines including: painting; sculpture; digital media and photography.
• Students can choose to specialise in either painting or sculpture in Year 3 and 4.
• Final year course work is presented in the form of a degree show.
• Annual public exhibitions in the South East are held at recognised art galleries and site specific locations such as the Wexford Arts Centre.
• Students have the opportunity to take international field trips in Years 1 and 2.
• Guest lectures from Irish and international contemporary artists.
• Many of the art lecturers are well-known artists and students benefit greatly from working closely with artists who are active in research, art and design, writing, curating and exhibiting.
- Cost 3000
- Course Length 3 years
- Start date Sept to May(annually)
- Time Day time
- By Mary-Ruth Tobin
- Email: email@example.com