Advanced Certificate in Social Care- QQI Level 6- WCFEPrint
Advanced Social Care
Professional Social Care Workers support some of society’s most vulnerable people from youth to the ageing population. This one year professional qualification had been developed for people who wish to pursue a career in the caring services. Upon completion, students may seek direct employment or progress to further college studies.
1 year full time QQI level 6
●Mental Health Awareness
●Occupational First Aid
●Patient & Manual Handling
●MAPA© Management of Actual and Potential Aggression
Certification: Award: QQI level 6 6M2218
Students will be required to undergo Garda vetting procedures. Garda vetting forms will be distributed as part of the registration
On completion of this programme, you will have developed the skills, competencies and confidence to work with marginalised and vulnerable members of society.
BSc in Social Science – UCC (30 reserved QQI places)
BSc in Health Promotion – WIT ( 2 reserved CNN places)
BA in Youth & Community Work – UCC (5 reserved QQI places)
BA in Applied Social Studies – WIT (5 reserved CNN places)
An application fee of €20 will apply,
• There are no tuition fees payable to the College by EU Nationals. However, students should budget for the cost of examinations, textbooks and materials. Non-EU Nationals who do not meet the exemption requirements are liable for the full tuition fee of €3,653 as per instructions of the Department of Education and Skills.
• Department of Education and Skills Contribution Fee is €200 payable on registration.
• College registration fee of €220, payable on registration. This consists of a a non-refundable Fee of €50, and a fee of €170 which is non-refundable once a student commences a course.
• Additional course fees may apply – see relevant course descriptor page.
• Some exemptions are available on above costs – see website: www.wcfe.ie.
- Cost If eligible, there are no college tuition fees. However, costs may be anticipated for: ●Occupational first aid (approx. €90) ●MAPA© (approx. €25) ●Text books (approx. €150) ●Hepatitis B injections (via GP or Medical Centre) ●Patient and Manual Handling (€45)
- Course Length one year
- Start date September each year
- By Antonia Splini
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org