Accountancy Technician – ATIPrint
Accounting technicians are qualified accounting professional who work at all levels of finance. They ae widely employed through out the public sector industry, commerce and private accountancy practices. Tasks would include: preparation of final accounts, budgeting, credit control, payroll, tax returns and costings. While they are not accountants, accounting technicians can perform many of the same functions and re qualified to prepare full financial accounts.
This is a two year full-time course in leading to ATI Certificate of Membership (Member of “Accounting Technicians Ireland”) on completion of course and 2 years work experience.
Course Content Year 1
- Financial Accounting
- Law & Ethics
- Business Management
Course Content Year 2
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Integrated Accounting Systems
Certification ATI Certificate of Membership (Member of “Accounting Technicians Ireland”) on completion of course and 2 years work experience.
Entry Requirements Leaving Certificate with 5 passes in ordinary level papers (minimum grade D) of 4 passes of which at least 2 are on higher level papers (minimum grade D). Passes must be obtained in English and at least 1 subject from Mathematics or Accountancy. Mature learners may also apply.
Progression Many who qualify as Accounting Technicians go on to continue their studies, using the qualification as a stepping stone to eventually become qualified professional accountants.
Exemption arrangements have been negotiated with such bodies as:
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA)
- The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- The Institute of Bankers of Ireland
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- WIT – B.A. in Accounting (Hons), can get into 2nd year of this 3 year degree programme
- Course Length 2 Years
- Start date September each year
- By Aisling Cusack
- Email: email@example.com