Certificate in Radio Broadcast Journalism and Presenting is a 12 week part time level 6, 10 credits course in Waterford Institute Technology.
This level 6 Certificate course is a practice-based introduction to radio broadcast journalism and presenting. It has been developed and will be delivered in a collaboration between WIT and WLR FM and Beat 102-103 and will be delivered by both practicising broadcasters and academic staff. The course aims to give students a broad introduction to the practical skills of journalistic writing and presentation for radio including news reading, editing and recording. The course will be delivered on Tuesday nights from 6.30 – 9.30 over 12 weeks from early March, and using the facilities at both the purpose-built Broadcast Centre in Ardkeen and the WIT Cork Road campus. The course fee is €500.
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Research and prepare scripts and running orders for radio broadcasts;
2. Record and edit audio material for radio broadcasts;
3. Present speech content in a live and recorded radio setting;
4. Apply legal and ethical guidelines relating to broadcast media;
5. Reflect on the role of the radio journalist and presenter within the Irish radio industry.
Click the following link for more information:-
Although every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate. It is essential readers should check with the appropriate organisation for the latest information. Co. Waterford/Wexford AEGS accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on this website or for any actions arising from its use.